Varicose veins are enlarged veins that usually occur just under the skin. They usually appear on the legs as raised, swollen, twisted blood vessels that can be seen through the skin.
Varicose veins are likely to be caused by:
- Increased pressure in the leg veins
- Damage to the leg veins
- Damage to the valves of the leg veins
- Problems with the flow of blood from the veins in the leg back to the heart
Varicose veins are veins that fail to circulate the blood properly, causing visibly bulging veins in the leg. They are most common in the legs and thighs. The "buldge” is caused by pools of blood. Symptoms include tired, heavy or aching limbs.
At-home treatments for varicose veins include:
- Wearing compression stockings
- Elevating the legs
- Exercising regularly
Other various treatments are:
- Laser techniques
- Radiofrequency closure technique